You're going to wake up one morning
"You're going to wake up one morning and know what side of the bed you've been lying on!"
- 1970's Situationist T-shirt from Sex, designed by Bernie Rhodes or Malcolm McLaren for Vivienne Westwood)
Great shirt. Thirty years on, though, a few questions leap to mind:
- does this mean I was on the same side of the bed all night?
- might I be on different sides of the bed on different mornings?
- if I'm in bed with somebody else, does that by definition mean we're on different sides?
- isn't this whole "side of the bed" business kind of a false duality?
- wouldn't it have looked better with at least a little pink?
See also: The lights are coming on