Jan 5, 2013: Tarot reading
I asked for guidance on what I needed to know about the path to happiness, my heart's desire, joy, love, and fulfillment ... message received! At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the cards don't set the future in stone; they just describe a likely future based on the current dynamics, and point to possibilities of what to change. Message received!
The situation itself is excellent: waking up, new relationships possible, new goals, new ambition, success, change of fortune for the better, great things coming to pass. Yay! Alas, at the heart of the matter is my self-inflicted feelings of constraint, indecision, and fear of moving out of a situation which is interfering with my ability to think straight; and because of all the negativity in my environment this last year, I've lost touch with my hopes and desires. Continuing in that way isn't likely to lead to a great outcome.
But suppose I remove negative distortions from my thinking and reverse those cards. Then the heart of the matter as freedom and opportunities for new beginnings; and my hopes are for beauty, pleasure, and the beginnings of wealth and material gain. That sounds a lot healthier to me -- and more likely to lead to more positive outcomes. Some things I've already started doing align with this direction, but I can clearly do more.
Sounds like a plan to me!
- The Significator (that is, me): The Fool: hiiiii! The subject of the reading is a dreamer, a mystic. He has the desire to accomplish a great goal. He must be careful to make the right choice.
- Covering me (the present): Four of Cups, reversed Waking from a period of contentment or contemplation. New relationships now possible. New goals, new ambition. A man sits in contemplation under a tree oblivious of the three filled cups before him. From above he is offered another cup, which he also disdains. Awaken to the world and all its possibilities - always expect that there will be a positive change and stop worrying. New opportunities will now be offered. You will experience enthusiasm - seize this opportunity -you will experience the balance of feeling internally satisfied and fulfilled as well as external emotional fulfillment. How do you feel dissatisfied? Where do you go to find peace and serenity? How is this time of withdrawal and contemplation benefiting you? What are you re- evaluating in your life and relationships? What are you fantasizing about and what can you do to realize your fantasies?
- Crossing me (opposing forces, good or bad): Wheel of Fortune: This key stands for the perpetual motion of a fluid universe and for the flux of human life within it. Success, unexpected turn of luck, change of fortune for the better, new conditions. Creative evolution within the laws of chance. Look for new opportunities - change is exactly what you need. Exercise your strength and prepare to adapt to new and different circumstances. Treat everything as an opportunity. Do it with an optimistic mind, fearless heart and sense of service to the planet and this good karma brings success and rewards to all levels of life. What life-changes are you experiencing? How are you adapting to these changes? What effects are you feeling from circumstances you put in motion previously? Is there something you need to resolve? How are your horizons expanding?
- The heart of the matter: Eight of Swords: Narrow or restricted surroundings. Bondage. Imprisonment through indecision. Fear to move out of a situation. Temporary sickness. You are unable to think clearly now - you need help and sensible advice Pull back now, go deep inside. Seek peace and allow your "inner" voice to direct you. Stop believing you will be swamped by your emotions if you take a step toward your goals. Recognize that you have done this to yourself and begin to focus on developing your potentials. Stop fearing success and power. See your abilities clearly and loose your passions. You have restrained yourself from activity long enough, avoiding the present by trying to convince yourself that there are no alternatives. These beliefs keep you hemmed in - they always provide reasons why nothing will work. [If reversed: new beginnings now possible. Impulsive, generous nature. Relaxation from fear. Freedom.] What actions, plans or ideas are being blocked by circumstances beyond your control? What would you like to do if you could get rid of the obstacles and blocks? Who or what could assist you to break free? What benefits do you receive by not acting? What is interfering with your creative expressions? Or your ability to communicate?
- Passing away: Ten of Pentacles, reversed: family misfortune; old people may become a burden. Caution against getting involved in projects that are a poor risk. Lack of true appreciation for the magnitude of the material blessings. Improper/inadequate use of wealth. Fortune atrophying, need to invest. Acknowledge when you are experiencing one problem after another, when nothing seems to run smoothly - when you feel lost and do not know what to do. Become self-motivated - be objective and take command of this situation. In what ways are you wealthy? What traditions are you carrying on? What are you inheriting - a job, money, home? What is your status or position in the hierarchy or structure? What will endure beyond this experience or situation? How are you expected to behave under these circumstances?
- Coming to pass: The Sun: Material happiness. Success, attainment. A good marriage. Happy reunions. Achievement in the arts, sciences, agriculture (?!?). Pleasure in the simple life. Liberation. Perfect control between the conscious and unconscious. Adversity will be overcome - wholeness and harmony will prevail and there will be joy and happiness in your future. Opportunity is in the offing, do not hesitate to move forward - go ahead, there will be many blessings - this is a time to be happy and give thanks. Success lies ahead. You feel a sense of wisdom, seeing everything with total clarity - clear and direct as you are "filled with the light of understanding." You see everything as alive and holy, united through the light that fills all existence - unified and alive. You experience a burst of freedom as you are liberated from the ordinary restricted consciousness to openness and freedom. You feel a part of the whole rather than an isolated individual and you see the world in a new way. You experience joy, happiness and great beauty as you experience optimism, energy and wonder. What do you now understand? What successes have you achieved? What have you birthed or brought to fruition? What joys are you sharing with others? What commitments have you made?
- The near future: Ten of Swords: Ruin of plans and projects. Disruption of home life. Tears will fall. Trouble will come in spite of riches and high position. Give charity freely to those in trouble. Are your feelings creating extreme unhappiness, depression and a deep sense of loss? Allow yourself the right to give up - stop fighting these losing battles! Surrender and you will find that a change has occurred - you have been released. You can choose to run or discover that the monster you fear isn't half as bad as you "think" it is. Release the fears that led you to this negative thinking - the thoughts that created your conscious decision that things would not work out. You are growing toward harmony - balance between the material and the spiritual things of the mind.
- My fears: Three of Swords: A general upheaval of the environment. Possibility of civil war. Political strife. Stormy weather for the affections. Experience your emotions fully, so that you will not get blocked by them. The veil of obscurity is pierced, and the heart of desire is made manifest through our practice of living an observed, aware, and balanced life. In what ways are you suffering, feeling jealous or hurt? Can you look at your relationships with truth and honesty? What do you fear most within your relationships? What
- The environment: The Moon: Intuition, imagination, unfoldment of latent psychic powers. Unforeseen perils, secret foes. Decide to make a "leap" into pure and simply creativity. Bring inner ecstasy back into your consciousness. Allow your intuitive powers to guide you - the change has come, even though it does not show. What do you instinctively want to do? What kind of cycle or pattern are you repeating? Are your actions appropriate to this particular situation or are you responding to some past situation? What is bewildering or confusing you? What is real and what is illusion?
- My hopes: Ace of Pentacles, reversed: This was in my environment in last year's reading, and has now shifted to hopes -- but on the surface it makes no sense here. "Miserliness. Greed. A false start. Inability to handle a basic, debilitating fear. Comfortable material conditions, which may not be to the advantage of the Querent. Difficulty getting a project started or finished on time or to satisfaction. " I don't think that's what I'm hoping for. If unreversed, it makes a lot more sense: the beginning of wealth and material gain,. Gold, prosperity, combined with pleasure and beauty. So one way of interpreting this is that the reason I'm out of touch with my hopes is that the negative aspects of the environment are contaminating my thinking -- and I need to reverse it. What new opportunities for work, stability, home, money or health do you have? What is making you feel secure and grounded? How can you use a recent gift? What plan are you putting in motion? What kind of seeds are you planting? How are you being rewarded for your accomplishments?
- Final outcome: Seven of Pentacles, reversed: Impatience. Little gain after much work. Anxiety about a loan. A farmer gazes at the pentacles growing on the vine in front of him. Will he receive the harvest from his work? You are experiencing dissatisfaction - the trapped feeling that comes from an unsatisfying lifestyle or job. Face and move through the self-doubts that raise your fear of failure and the apprehension that your work will all be for nothing. No matter what you do, there is a certain point that you have to wait for the results and allow the fruit to ripen in its own time. Calculate your odds, sow the seeds most likely to grow. let go of your expectations and cultivate patience. When you experience anxiety and depression related to your finances, do not allow these anxious thoughts to create depression. Learn from the lesson being presented and understand that when you are centered on feeling sorry for yourself. Your own impatience can ruin everything. Make no rash decisions now - before you move ahead, always think carefully and ask yourself "Is this what I really want?" Maintain balance on all levels and take care that you do not hurt anyone during the transition. What is growing and maturing that you are concerned about? What do you fear will fail or be spoiled? What mistakes did you make in a similar situation and what can you do differently now? What investments have you made in time, money or labor that worry you? How have your efforts been worthwhile?