What do inverted assumptions look like? A few examples:
- Choose hope over fear
- Make desire more important than fear
- Desire not hate
- Soft weapons
- You shouldn't exist
How to invert assumptions? A few techniques:
- Incorporating a meta-level -- for example the new Iterated prisoner's dilemma meta-strategy
- Finding a way to create a Culture of Abundance
- Changing your analysis model -- for example, realize that Iterated prisoner's dilemma model artificially constrains you to a Culture of Scarcity
- Avoid unnecessary non-advantageous choices
- Apply the principles of [standpoint theory]
- Look for anomalies
More to come!
It can, of course, be taken too far -- see for example Publish and Perish.