Fall Equinox 2012 additional notes
Interpretations from Eden Grey
- The Significator (that is, me): The Fool
- Covering me (the present): Justice, reversed: Injustice, inequality, legal complications. Use mercy and understanding when judging others, and avoid excessive tendency to severity. (If unreversed: justce will be done; balance is required. The balanced personality demands elimination of excess baggage, wrong ideas, useless forms of education. A mixture of the right ingredients is welcomed - as in science, chemistry, and cooking.) ) The Fool embarks on a higher cycle of manifestation but with all the experience gained during the previous cycle. Level up! The purified disciplined personality now recognizes the One Life and feels it standing beside him, as the sword of power endows him with the ability to divine right from wrong. "This key is that of the Great Mother through whose love, care, and perfect justice the children of men may achieve equilibrium."
- Crossing me (opposing forces, good or bad): Judgment A life well lived, a work well done. Awakening, renewal -- the reawakening of Nature under the influence of Spirit. Legal judgments in one's favor. A change of personal consciousness, which is now on the verge of blending with the universal. "The Power belongs to him who knows," and he who knows is then responsible. Therefore the Fool is the one who by effort and suffering has found the secrets of life.
- The heart of the matter: The Chariot, reversed Decadent desires, possibility of ill health, restlessness and desire for change, an unethical victory. The chariot stands for human personality, a vehicle for the expression of the Self. (If unreversed: triumph, success, the card of those who achieve greatness.) This key signifies victory for the triumphant king who has conquered on all planes, particularly those of the mind, science, and growth. The two sphinxes may pull in different directions if the will of the charioteer does not control them. Celestial influences hang over him and affect his victory; on his shoulders are lunar crescents. If his powers of observation are faulty, superficial, or fearful, the resulting sequence of subconscious reactions is bound to be destructive. Rest and victory, self-discipline and stability; the conqueror may not yet have conquered himself. We find both will and knowledge, but there is more desire to maintain than proven power for real attainment.
- Passing away: Two of Wands Boldness, courage in 'embarking on an enterprise. The employment of scientific methods. Influence over another. Kindness and generosity -- yet a proud and unforgiven nature. Roses, signifying desire, mix with the lilies of pure thought, forming a cross with equal arms; there is a balance between thought and desire.
- Coming to pass: Six of Wands Good news. Victory after strife. Pleasure gained through labor. Success through industry. Advancement in the arts and sciences. Friends are helpful.
- The near future: Eight of Pentacles, reversed Danger of failing in one's ambitions. False vanity, intrigue, and sharp practice. Skill turned to cunning, like that of the counterfeiter. (If unreversed: Learning a trade or profession, the beginning of a profitable undertaking. Skill in material affairs, handiwork, and the arts -- sometimes remaining only at the apprenticiship stage. Fair enough :-) )
- My fears: The Sun, reversed Future plans clouded, trouble in marriage, possible loss of a job or a home. Have I lost it? (If unreversed: Material happiness. Success, attainment. A good marriage. Happy reunions. Achievement in the arts, sciences, agriculture (?!?). Pleasure in the simple life. Liberation.)
- What people around me think: Ace of Pentacles, reversed A false start. Comfortable material conditions, which may not be to the advantage of the Querent. (If unreversed: the beginning of wealth and material gain,. Gold, prosperity, combined with pleasure and beauty.)
- My hopes: Knight of Swords, reversed: Once again, this makes no sense as "hopes": "Extravagance, given to braggadocio. Tyranny over the helpless. A person always ready to start a fight. Destruction my come about through the knight's activities." Looking at some of the other interpretations below, a couple of possibilities: I hope that I can take on some of the less-toxic attributes of the Knight of Swords and that will help improve things; or that there's a Knight of Swords and removing him from the situation will lead to reducing negativity (or other improvements). Do not allow this unfairness to act as an "excuse" for denying your own responsibility for what happens to you. The ultimate question is - "What is it that you really want?" Continue to experiment until you find something that really suits you - something that makes you happy year in and year out. (If unreversed: A dashing brave young man. Though he may be domineering, he has a clean heart and is full of service. This card may also mean the coming or going of misfortune.)
- Final outcome: Two of Swords, reversed Release, movement of affairs, sometimes in the wrong direction. Avoid impostors. Sympathy for those in trouble. Disloyalty. (If unreversed: Tension in relationships. Balanced forces. Military friendships. A well-developed siense of balance and rhythm but needing direction. Stalemate.) A seated woman, blindfolded, balances two swords on her shoulders. Perhaps she is blind to her situation. A new moon shines down.
Interpretations from Crystal Reflections
- The Significator (that is, me): The Fool
- Covering me (the present): Justice, reversed: When you are unwilling to seek out the meaning of the events taking place in your life - you are being dishonest with yourself and others and missing the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of yourself and your life. Do not allow this unfairness to act as an "excuse" for denying your own responsibility for what happens to you. The ultimate question is - "What is it that you really want?" Continue to experiment until you find something that really suits you - something that makes you happy year in and year out. No matter what is right or true - you cannot change what people do. Once you have done everything possible - stop worrying - direct all your energies elsewhere. As you begin to see the difference between what you want and what you do not want in fine detail - you will begin to eliminate the obstacles. Your "will" is what you take great delight in - direct your energy toward bringing yourself the greatest possible rewards and never accept second best. What decisions are you weighing? What are the pros and cons? What consequences are you experiencing as the result of some previous action? What is the appropriate compensation or "energy exchange" needed to balance this situation? What do you need to do to be true to yourself? What is unbalancing you? What can help create a new balance?
- Crossing me (opposing forces, good or bad): Judgment: Wonderful things are starting to happen now. Forge ahead and see what the future holds - face life realistically. Trust and believe that the new vibrations will let you see exactly what you'd like to be. Take a good look at your life and you will be gifted with the vision to see ahead. You are being blessed with cosmic energies that will give you the guidance you need - be willing now to direct yourself - make all the changes you desire. You have achieved worthy goals, attained inner development and you are entering a time of serenity and happiness - a time of new beginnings. Raise yourself to a more meaningful existence now. Allow the new to emerge - the old situations, your old self has died and the only thing that remains is your recognition of this fact. Use your "intuition" to its very maximum. Allow yourself to become a motivating spirit - actively participate in the process of world evolution. Raise yourself to conscious participation in the work of divine magic. Emotional clearing, the acceptance, the forgiving of others and of self is necessary for completion. What "call" have you heard? Who or what is being criticized? What judgment is being made? What new realization is transforming you? Who or what are you merging with? What or whom are you responsible for?
- The heart of the matter: The Chariot, reversed: Your approach of will-power has proven unsuccessful. Be alert to situations which indicate the wrong use of your energies - recognize the negative vibrations of unfairness, force and pressure. Become sensitive to those involved in your situation who have no concern or consideration. Recognize that you are wasting your energy when you indulge in these emotions -forcing too much energy to be channeled through an overbearing attitude and the application of unnecessary force. Seek another approach to your difficulties - will power alone cannot always sustain you. What mask are you presenting to the world? What emotional reactions are you hiding? What contradictions and tensions are you struggling to maintain control over? Where have you experienced recent victory or success in your life? What progress are you making in testing your abilities in the world? Do you find yourself addicted to movement without advancements?
- Passing away: Two of Wands: Creative expression - controlling a situation through your ability to make choices which create balance, integration, comfort and harmony. Achievement in your business plans - your goals will be attained in work. Success and courage will bring happiness. With the correct negotiation, there could be a business partnership. An important contract, transaction or letter is indicated. You have completed the necessary work, your foundation is good - you are ambitious, progressive and willing to take the lead hoping to improve conditions. Experience the creative power of your emotions - good judgment and ability can translate your ideas into reality. An unusual and unexpected event will occur now - any conflict could bring loss. Maintain your balance as events arise that will test your ability to judge fairly. What two ideas are you bringing together in a new and different way? What are you planning to accomplish? What are you competent at? What conflicting desires do you wish to integrate? At what threshold do you stand? What options do you have?
- Coming to pass: Six of Wands: Victory - have faith, good news is coming and you can win all that you hold dear. You are going to succeed if you will just keep trying. Trust yourself - be confident that you have been given the abilities and opportunities to realize your goals and dreams. Relax and concentrate on the task at hand - you will succeed. Your relationships will get better and you will know victory of the will over the physical world - the ability to change destiny and thoughts. Success comes from working with others to achieve a goal. You will experience the settlement of difficulties and disputes - you have the ability to persuade, influence and counsel and from your struggle to develop your ideas there will emerge a dominant theme and a leader. Trust your instincts and intuitions - not everyone or everything is trustworthy. Approach everything in a state of open trust. You will "feel" when something is not right - trust that. Shift your emphasis from your problems to your joys - from defensiveness to optimism - become unified with the spirit. Trust your love, your light, your beauty and your richness. Assume victory and your optimism will produce the very success it desires and expects. It requires only a true belief in yourself to find the energy to accomplish what you want and such a belief will inspire others to follow you. What positions of leadership and responsibility have you taken on? What is your relationship with your fellow workers? What has been resolved through your actions? What do you feel confident about? What kind of leadership do others need from you?
- The near future: Eight of Pentacles, reversed: You could be going about things the wrong way and need guidance - be willing now to listen to your "inner" voice. Your own impatience is creating this frustration and these unfulfilled ambitions. You can not take shortcuts to success - proceed in the proper way - attend to details and utilize your organizational skills. There must be order and trust - prudence and wisdom are the qualities of "not pushing" to make things happen, not resisting or holding back. What are you working on preparing ahead of time? What skill or craft are you learning? What details do you need to examine and take care of? How can you create a regular time and place to work? What preparations do you need to make? What are you doing to take care of your health and well-being?
- My fears: The Sun, reversed: Look at your life realistically now - be perfectly honest with yourself - stop day-dreaming and put some effort into reaching your goals. Before you become involved in any project investigate all aspects first. Ask yourself "Is this what I really want?" Do not allow anyone to pull the wool over your eyes! Disagreements and misunderstandings affect close relationships - they solve nothing and can cancel out future plans, which will result in disappointment. Begin to look at life as a continuous spectacle, spread out before you to enjoy and savor. Allow yourself the pleasure of every moment - for you truly need nothing more! You are still experiencing "simple" happiness - the clouds of doubt, confusion and fear have just overshadowed it and you can not see it clearly now, which forces you to work a little harder to realize joy -which is the greatest gift of the Sun. What do you now understand? What successes have you achieved? What have you brought to fruition? What joys are you sharing with others? What commitments have you made?
- What people around me think: Ace of Pentacles, reversed: Difficulty getting a project started or finished on time or to satisfaction. Inability to handle a basic, debilitating fear. Accept that you are capable of making the wrong choices and use your gifts of practical organization. Trust your "inner" voice now. You have learned how material gifts can be abused by selfishness, by extreme competition or mistrust, by an over-dependency on security and comfort. Use this knowledge and wisdom to deal with your problems. It is time for you to move on - grow up and assert your independence. What new opportunities for work, stability, home, money or health do you have? What is making you feel secure and grounded? How can you use a recent gift? What plan are you putting in motion? What kind of seeds are you planting? How are you being rewarded for your accomplishments?
- My hopes: Knight of Swords, reversed: Continue to cut through the thoughts, attitudes and beliefs that are creating blocks to your movement and the expression of your creative-intuitive thinking. Allow the limitations and restrictions to be removed by releasing your desires to actively express your creative energy. See clearly the people you must steer clear of - recognize that they can upset your plans and create trouble. When you face those who are opposed to your thoughts or plans - it is not a good time to start a new project or change your lifestyle. Continue to be patient and wait a little longer before moving forward - trust that your patience will make you a winner and allow you to restructure your relationships so that they move in new directions that are unlimited and less restrained. Where are you charging and why so fast? What point do you feel committed to make? Who has been impatient and careless of your feelings?
- Final outcome: Two of Swords, reversed: Things are happening now. Trust that you are able to make decisions. Release your fear of involvement now. Release your need for everything to be "perfect" and in perfect order all the time - allow yourself to relax. Your affairs may be moving very quickly, so do not let the pace get you down. Give yourself plenty of time to think before committing yourself to anything. Be sure that you are dealing with the right people and until you are absolutely sure - put off making any decisions. Your balance has been lost - you have been knocked over by the people and problems charging your defenses. The blindfold has been removed so that you can see the truth and communicate. This has been an emotionally shattering experience for you - you will need outside help. What are you hesitating to do? With whom do you have to make peace or reconcile? What are you struggling to maintain in balance? What decision would you prefer not to make? What would you prefer not to know about?
Crystal reflections, unreversed
Justice: It is time for your decision - investigate all the aspects of your situation, then decide what action is fair and honest. You have learned from your past experiences to do what you feel is best and all things considered - the right decision has been made. Balance and sound judgment are necessary now - a "complete" person needs more than "material" triumphs - the heart and spirit must also be served if you wish to produce justice. For every action, there is an equal reaction - weigh and balance your present conditions through elimination. GBliss or "heaven" is the state mind of a soul which is filled with hope - for it is the intensity of hope which gives the quality of "eternal". Justice represents the balance of your "inner" works with your "outer" reality (thought) and freedom is experienced when you judge by the balanced justice or your own conscience. Consider adjusting your beliefs and re-adjusting your behavior, maintain mental flexibility. To properly understand anyone's beliefs you need to first interpret the "emotions" which are reflected from them, then "judge" which emotions are based on helpful beliefs and which are based on limiting, stressful ones. You will advance according to your ability to understand the past. You see the truth about yourself, by peeling off the outer masks and allowing yourself to perceive the "real" motivation behind the actions that you have taken and what would have been a more appropriate response. Be mindful, fair and honor your mind, your heart, your body and your spirit. What decisions are you weighing? What are the pros and cons? *What consequences are you experiencing as a result of some previous action? What is the appropriate compensation or "energy exchange" needed to balance this situation?* What do you need to do to be true to yourself? *What is unbalancing you? What can help create a new balance?*
Chariot: You can achieve your goal if you will just keep trying. Progress can be made now - obstacles overcome and success gained through personal dynamism. Control your emotions and your dreams will come true - remove all the obstacles so you will have the vision to move forward. Harness all your energy and apply it wisely. Allow your soul to direct your body - be receptive to both the negative and the positive - control and balance them. Issues are coming to a head now - maintain control - wait, listen and avoid pushing your affairs. Find the "force" within you through a quiet and receptive state of mind. Intuition links you to the greater powers of the universe. It is not enough just to foresee the future - if you wish to change or prevent an event, then you must first understand "why" it is coming, so that you can correct the "cause" within yourself - the things that you will do and the way that you will react. What happens to you, derives from the situations and the decisions you have made in the past - things work out the way they were "meant" to work out. Seeing the truth of an outcome in absolute honesty, will enable you to change or correct your actions in a future situation - by utilizing the lessons you are learning in this current situation. What mask are you presenting to the world? What emotional reactions are you hiding? What contradictions and tensions are you struggling to maintain control over? Where have you experienced recent victory or success in your life? What progress are you making in testing your abilities in the world?
Additional notes from elsewhere
- Crossing me (opposing forces, good or bad): Judgment You have had a recent epiphany or an ‘awakening’ where you have come to a realisation that you need to live your life in a different way and you need to be true to yourself and your needs. You have opened yourself up to a new possibility – to lead a fulfilling life that serves your higher needs and that offers inspiration and hope to others. You feel as though you have had a ‘calling’ in life, and you are getting much closer to the point where you need to take action. Something that was lying dormant within you, some unconscious knowledge or truth is finally being awakened and brought into the light. With its theme of awakening to new life, the Judgement card suggests that you have reviewed and evaluated your past experiences and have learned from them. All the pieces of the puzzle of your life are finally coming together to form one, integrated picture of your life story. This integration has healed any deep wounds and you are now in a position to put the past behind you. Your memories no longer haunt you, and you are able to understand and value what has happened to you and what it has taught you about life. Now, you are ready to confront any unfinished business in your life, clear up any misunderstandings and view the future with peace and deep ‘knowingness’ in your heart.
- The heart of the matter: Chariot, reversed: Reversed, the Chariot suggests that you are feeling as if you have very little control over your life. You may have lost steering power over the opposing forces and you are now at their mercy. You may feel dragged through time, in whatever direction fate takes you. If you are someone who likes to have some control over your destiny and to know where you are heading, this is the time to tighten the reins and become more disciplined and focused on what you are doing. While the feeling of loss of power can be quite demoralising, the key is to look at what you can control and what you cannot control. Do not allow yourself to be worried about what is out of your control as there is nothing you can do about it. Instead, focus your energies on what IS in your control. Examine what you can do to change the situation. At this stage, you need to be able to feel as if you have at least some direction, because currently you feel pushed and pulled around in the sea of fate.
- The Chariot often shows a need to take control of your emotions and, instead of wasting energy grieving or complaining, use that energy to take action and to make changes in the world. Fear will cripple you unless, like the Chariot demands, you can acknowledge it and face it. Then you can use your fear constructively, for your own purposes. But this type of control is not limited to the negative emotions. In relationships the Chariot often shows how idle infatuation can be transformed into passion and confidence. Through controlling your emotions, the Chariot says, you will eventually learn to control yourself.
- My hopes: Knight of Swords, reversed:Dangerous as it may seem to assume the personality of the Knight of Swords, sometimes it is necessary and even preferable to do so. Whenever you feel afraid or indecisive, call on the Knight of Swords to give you a shot of confidence and clarity. His impartiality is very desirable when making hard choices, though you have to be careful not to act too hastily, or else the effort is wasted.
- The Knight of Swords may be telling you to take the direct approach to a problem or situation. He would advise you not to mince words, don't let your feelings drive you. Rather, approach things logically, dispassionately, and with forceful aim and let the chips fall where they may. At times, this is precisely what is needed and will yield the results you want.
- Knight of Swords' attributes: direct, authoratitive, incisive, knowledgable, logical.
- Final outcome: Two of Swords, reversed : The Two of Swords reversed shows that you are caught between a rock and a hard place and you are finding it incredibly difficult to make a decision about what to do. You are really struggling to see what the right choice is as either option will lead to negative consequences. Lay out the pros and cons of each option that is available to you and weigh up which option will have the most favourable outcome.
Thoughts from Harvest
What do I want?
Think about what matters.
Unreverse Justice, the Chariot, and the Knight of Swords.
- g0ddesses.net as a filter/layer/not sure what just the right word is -- and blogging voice for Kallisti. [plot point: Kallisti's pseudonymous blog gets revealed?]
- unreversing Justince and the Chariot and my fears (the eight of Pentacles, the Sun)